A pre-listing appraisal can put your home at an advantage in a highly competitive market. Many sellers overprice their home because they have allowed their emotions to get involved and priced their home too high. The appraisal can give potential buyers peace of mind because they know that there will be a lower probability of value issues when the mortgage appraisal is ordered.
If You Intend To Sell Your Home – Here are a few key points to help minimize any surprises during the process
- Hire an Independent appraisal by a licensed appraiser.
- Preliminary title report. This will inform a homeowner of any liens that might be on the property.
- Inspection by local municipal building inspector(s) to advise of any building code or zoning violations.
- Get A Home Inspection by a Licensed Contractor. Having a licensed contractor complete a professional home inspection will assist you, the homeowner, in making sure all mechanical systems are in good working order.
- A home in good working order will sell faster than a home in need of repairs.
- Plat of survey. This will notify a homeowner and prospective buyer of the actual lot lines of the property and will indicate any encroachments to the property.